Shopping for Graduation Announcements and Invitations
March 14, 2016
As we head towards Spring students are finishing school and ready to celebrate their accomplishments. Many will finish programs and receive diplomas and degrees. They also want to share their excitement with family and friends. And there's no better way to do that than by sending an announcement or an invitation to a party.
With so many styles out there, how do you find the right announcement? Here are some questions to consider as you narrow down the choices.
- Do you want an announcement with a photo or not?
- What styles appeal to you?
- Classic/Traditional/Formal. These are the styles with the elegant border, the laurel wreath motif, the block lettering that gives the text a more formal look. Monograms are also popular.
- Modern/Trendy. These styles may feature gold foil, a pretty floral border, school colors or handwritten text made to look like calligraphy. Or they may be more trendy and feature a design with feathers, geometric patterns or watercolors.
- Specialty Degrees. Are you graduating from law, medical, dental, or nursing school? Believe it or not there are designs tailored towards those specialties! The styles for these specialties run the gamut and range from funny to professional and traditional.
- Do you want to order printed announcements or a printable digital design? For most people the answer is to order the printed cards. Why would someone want a printable digital design? This option offers more flexibility. If you want to use a photo for instance, a designer could work with you to format the photo so it fits the design well. Another reason is cost. You can upload your design to a site like Overnight Prints and order your own announcements for a fraction of the normal retail cost.
- Now the final question. When to send announcements? The standard is anytime two weeks before and six weeks after. However, if you expect family and friends to travel and see you graduate you want to give them ample time to make arrangements. Or if tickets need to be ordered for the ceremony, you want to give people enough time to respond.
You might also be planning a party after the ceremony. It might be a gathering at a restaurant or a casual backyard get-together. No matter the theme or location, we've got you covered! Any of our designs can be personalized for an invitation to a party.
We have a unique range of designs on CBendel and continue to add to our Graduation section. Choose from a digital printable format or contact us for a quote on printed cards. We also offer a much wider selection on Zazzle.com. Click the affiliate link* to browse our graduation designs. You can also use the search bar at the top of the page to see what other styles are available throughout the site. With hundreds of designs you're bound to find something you love.
A few tips on ordering through Zazzle:
- Sign up for their email list. They periodically offer discounts up to 60% cards and invitations.
- Sign up for Zazzle Black shipping program. It costs $10 a year and you receive free shipping on all your orders.
- Purchase with the assurance of the Zazzle Guarantee - if you don't like it they'll take it back!
*This link will direct you to Zazzle.com. If you make a purchase from this site we may receive a referral fee.